Dear Anne!
Dear Anne,
It's been ages since we wrote to each other. You might be wondering why I am writing this to you at these odd hours. Because I remembered you! Last night, I revisited your beautiful notes. Do you remember about my inability to read anything new? That day, you mocked me saying that I have become a smartphone junkie and have no time to spent for myself. As I write this, you must have come across the news about the deadly virus.
It is making our lives at risk. Millions are affected and a third of the population are staying indoors with fear. In these troubled times, I remembered your secret stay and the stories of Secret Annexe. I remembered Peter. I thought about Kitty and felt bad for not touching the notes which you left me.
Frankly speaking, I am luckier than you! I have got books to read, movies to watch and people to talk (online) while in self-isolation. When the world is within your fingertips, you hardly bother about the outside happenings. No, I was just kidding! And as you know, you are a celebrity in the online sphere. I am sure some of my friends will approach me to get to you (laughs).
I am sure you want to know more about Corona. It originated in China and has spread all over the world now. Humanity is in great danger. We haven't given up the battle completely. Health workers, police and many unseen and unsung heroes are working day and night to stop its spread.
Looking at the death figures and the progression, many people are calling it the Third World War. But the million-dollar question is when this tragedy will end? I have no idea. Bacause the scars are severe. I don't know when the world will get back to its feet. In my country, migrant labourers are walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their home safely. That's the hard reality. In Italy, elder people are at times being denied treatment because there are no beds to spare.
Things are getting scary. That's when I thought about you, Anne. Well, I don't want to embarrass you with some flattering words. But your courage is worth admiring. Even though I saw it slipping towards the end, you hide your worrying self and cheered everyone up. That's one hell of a task, my friend. As you know, I love you for what you are. As I finish this, I have many more things to say. I want to tell you about this beautiful movie Jojo Rabbit and the gratification I got when little Jojo smashed The Fuhrer out of the window. But I am leaving it open here. Please do keep coming in my dreams and let's keep talking. Miss you, dear Anne!Love you. Stay safe!
Your's truly,
N
=
It's been ages since we wrote to each other. You might be wondering why I am writing this to you at these odd hours. Because I remembered you! Last night, I revisited your beautiful notes. Do you remember about my inability to read anything new? That day, you mocked me saying that I have become a smartphone junkie and have no time to spent for myself. As I write this, you must have come across the news about the deadly virus.
It is making our lives at risk. Millions are affected and a third of the population are staying indoors with fear. In these troubled times, I remembered your secret stay and the stories of Secret Annexe. I remembered Peter. I thought about Kitty and felt bad for not touching the notes which you left me.
Frankly speaking, I am luckier than you! I have got books to read, movies to watch and people to talk (online) while in self-isolation. When the world is within your fingertips, you hardly bother about the outside happenings. No, I was just kidding! And as you know, you are a celebrity in the online sphere. I am sure some of my friends will approach me to get to you (laughs).
I am sure you want to know more about Corona. It originated in China and has spread all over the world now. Humanity is in great danger. We haven't given up the battle completely. Health workers, police and many unseen and unsung heroes are working day and night to stop its spread.
Looking at the death figures and the progression, many people are calling it the Third World War. But the million-dollar question is when this tragedy will end? I have no idea. Bacause the scars are severe. I don't know when the world will get back to its feet. In my country, migrant labourers are walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their home safely. That's the hard reality. In Italy, elder people are at times being denied treatment because there are no beds to spare.
Things are getting scary. That's when I thought about you, Anne. Well, I don't want to embarrass you with some flattering words. But your courage is worth admiring. Even though I saw it slipping towards the end, you hide your worrying self and cheered everyone up. That's one hell of a task, my friend. As you know, I love you for what you are. As I finish this, I have many more things to say. I want to tell you about this beautiful movie Jojo Rabbit and the gratification I got when little Jojo smashed The Fuhrer out of the window. But I am leaving it open here. Please do keep coming in my dreams and let's keep talking. Miss you, dear Anne!Love you. Stay safe!
Your's truly,
N
=


👏👏
ReplyDeleteLovely words.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading this, i just had an urge to read her diary again. Thanks dear.
Thanks for reading :). Anne is relevant in the present times.
Delete