Being original
![]() |
| Credit: Coachmag.UK |
When was the last time I articulated my original thoughts? How many of my ideas and conversation topics are borrowed from something else? Like most of us, I too keep using 'I think', but am I thinking on my own or just repeating myself? I used to speak on my own. The ideas were not meant to be politically correct but were genuine and people-oriented. I could feel that I expressed it out for everyone to hear loudly. But when you are not original, you feel that you are speaking in someone else's voice. Why on earth do we need to be in another person's jacket? If you are not expressing your voice, who else will speak up for yourself?
Previously, I used to frame opinions through readings and experiences. Now, social media has replaced my reading part. We get to hear different voices as our engagement increases. In my case, I subconsciously get attracted to some opinions via this medium. When a related topic is discussed during conversations, I simply pour it out thick and plain. After finishing, I am blank most of the times, thinking of what to say next. It may not be the problem of the medium. Maybe, we get tired when we process too many things at a sudden. But why am I writing about it? I want to get rid of it and don't want you to surrender your voice and lose your originality. It is good to listen to varied opinions. Yet, having your own take on everything is what makes you different from others. What is the purpose of living by blindly echoing some other one talking? Be original, because it is much more liberating!

Comments
Post a Comment