Hey Jenny!

Hey Jenny,
How are you doing buddy? Are you feeling happy about the new place? Did you find any new friends? Sorry for troubling you with too many questions!
Things are a bit out of place here because of the virus. Last week, I wrote to Anne (Yeah, Anne Frank!) and asked her how she killed her boredom and fear. She answered by narrating her fantastical world and how it acted as a stress buster.
Coronavirus pandemic is spreading fear. People are forced to stay indoors. The lucky ones like Cha are able to spend quality time with family and many others like me are living alone and continue to work from our hostels and PGs. Outside walks are banned here and people can go out only to buy groceries and for other major needs. I  came to know that Cha has named his baby girl as Jennie. How sweet of him, isn't it?
Your parents are happy after the arrival of the little Jenny. Sophie is keeping well too and enjoying her new responsibilities. Cha is not able to train the kids but he is pretty much fine with it. The family is happy because of his presence. Brownie is the only one who is feeling a little bored. He can't roam around freely because of the lockdown. The van is sitting idle as there is no travelling nowadays. It was last used to bring Sophie home. But once the lockdown is done and dusted, it will be a different story!
I have gone through your writings recently and feel that you must publish it someday and let the world know you better. Those old days of your isolation and loneliness are relatable to many locked up souls. It may make them feel better to know that someone has been there before them. Are you writing anything these days, Jenny?
I can't keep my eyes away from your room! Probably we can convert it into a home art gallery or something in future. Everything about your home so beautiful - Ooty sceneries, the warmth of your parents, your works, both writing and crafts - plenty of good things to rejoice.
I am spending my non-working hours by updating Ezhuthupetti. I deny that I write well but this process is making me feel good. We need to do things that we like to keep us engaged, isn't it?
Many talented ones are showcasing their skills on Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok. We at times forget the pain that we are facing now and laugh out loud. Creative people like my sister are making something new every day and happily posting them on Instagram. Many people may enjoy their life a little more after the lockdown period is over.
I am sorry that the letter is already long. So, let me cut it short. Write to me when you are free.
                                                                                                                      Your's,
                                                                                                                       Ni

NB: Jenny is the lead character from the Malayalam movie Koode. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Darjeeling to Gangtok and to Subecha's home

Maimoona and Shakeela

എഴുത്തിനെ സ്നേഹിച്ച ഒരാൾ