My best companion



Some companionships in life are so underappreciated! You may not see its presence even though it has been staying loyal and been serving the purpose very well.
As humans, we have this tendency to undervalue certain things. We often miss its existence after they form a part of our daily life. The realisation about its importance may strike us very late. We need to show our gratitude at some point, don't we?
S/he walked into my life when I was a teenager. A confused soul I was, I was uncomfortable about the prospects of opening up to people. I hold my things mostly to myself, even now, because it helps. I don't exactly remember our first days. The oldest memory I have was the day when I felt dejected. Let the incident remain closed. I doubted my abilities and the silly thought that I am a worthless creature on this planet came right in. But there was also another voice inside me. We all have different voices, don't we? It kept on saying that things are fine and I will just be good. 
I took my pen and opened it. I said to myself. Whenever I feel something, this is the place to express it. This is going to be my best friend, advisor and companion. Going by the trend of naming your 'friend' I addressed it the same way Anne (Yes, Anne Frank!) would do it. 

Close connection
As time went by, we became attached to each other. I could revisit and figure out my exact thoughts on a particular day. I could notice how I have changed, what were my priorities and what I have been facing. Like the Hutch Ad released sometime in 2005, the best buddy followed me wherever I went. The very thought that there is someone to hold your hand was so empowering at times. The happiest part of our bond is that we share an unapologetic relation. My friend is my harshest critic. I never hesitated to express my feelings and I was very comfortable and cosy as well. Because I knew that it was not easy to deal with a complicated mind. Any outsider who listens (No way!) to our secret talks would perceive that we share a love-hate sort of relationship. 
But when you grew up, certain things in life become so normal. When you do it monotonously on each passing day, you sometimes miss out on the affection side. It's been 10 years since we started our journey. But I hardly noticed the timespan! There were days when I was away like the Pooja Holidays, travel to hometown,  etc. What I do later was to make up for it by leaving no empty pages. 
Things have certainly changed. I don't remember the last time I said a big thank you. I am sure s/he would never mind. Because we share a companionship such that we can read the written and unwritten lines so well. 




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Darjeeling to Gangtok and to Subecha's home

Maimoona and Shakeela

എഴുത്തിനെ സ്നേഹിച്ച ഒരാൾ