Problems and pain

At times, many of us plead for a second chance to correct our mistakes. Does a second chance exist at all? We know that life keeps giving us something new.  So, it is safe to say some of us may experience similar experiences more than once. The question to ask is, do we make 'better mistakes'? Does the usage sound strange to you? It comes from a view that errors are part and parcel of the human journey. 'Perfect humans' exist only on paper.
People with flesh and blood, when they enter new territories and experience new things may overdo things at times and may fall down. When we lie there with pain, the problem starts bothering us. It may strike us that we are trapped now and if we don't come out of it, it could be the end! Thus life may become a painful activity. Our inner pain gets reflected in several ways such as loss of appetite, sleepless nights, anger, etc.
Look around! Do you see troubled people in your close circles? Are you a troubled one? Are you keeping your pain to yourself or are you talking to your trusted ones? Does that make you feel better? Each person deals with their problems in myriad ways best known to them.
This person while encountering a problem sat through it for quite a lot of time. A mountain was made out of a molehill. How? Lack of awareness? Could be true. The outcome was not great. Those were testing times and unfortunately, I was too weak to be ready to be tested. The 'unrealistic optimism' of 'this too shall pass' and the act of doing nothing about it at a crucial point of life did some damage. I started becoming a strange being to myself. It was tough to comprehend what I was thinking. I started agreeing to things without any second thoughts and it backfired.
In other words, a mistake was leapt by another mistake. It continued for two years. When I look back, I often ask, what difference could I have done? Maybe, I shouldn't have let it stay for so long. It made me a different person and I took so long to realise how much I have changed. Now I am living with it. Don't ask how it feels like. The feelings are mixed and the unsolved mystery is that I have no idea what the initial problem was. It changed its form in each passing day, acquired more power and came to me every day. I couldn't hide anywhere neither could ask anyone for help for reasons best known to myself. Now, here I am jotting down some old memories.
The takeaways? 

Don't fear the problem. Understand that it is a situation. It is unwise thinking not to deal with it or postponing it. Because, as individuals, we don't need to get stuck at a particular phase. It may dampen our spirit. It can tire our mind. We need to make our brains work. We need to figure out what is happening to us. We need to find out ways that suit ourselves. We may go for a detailed look at it to identify where we are on this. Every problem is new. We may not do things that worked in the past.
Let's approach each problem on its own. Give some time and try not to let it get complicated. Understand that you have a life ahead and accept problems as they are. Because they are there to stay and we will be dealing with it time and again. Let us learn not to worry.
     















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Darjeeling to Gangtok and to Subecha's home

Maimoona and Shakeela

എഴുത്തിനെ സ്നേഹിച്ച ഒരാൾ