A special interview
This happened when I got a chance to interview a wonderful person back in 2014. I thought it was a nice opportunity to explore many things about which I wanted to know. So I went prepared. But things did not go as planned. I felt it was a missed opportunity.
Why I thought so? I felt that I failed to dig out the essence of a beautiful self. Those were the days when I was a rookie (I still consider I am) reporter waiting for a windfall. Initially, I could not figure out why I did not deliver my best in an 'inner view' task despite my earnest attempt. So I searched for answers and I found it in the end.
When we engage with an achiever (everyone achieves something) to hear their real journey, isn't it important to express ourselves clearly and concisely? Are we in the quest of making us approachable and presentable missing out on something elementary in nature?
Interviewing celebrities and achievers is part of my daily job now. I can vouch that I control the wow factor when I meet upon a celebrity. Sometimes I have an issue of slow speaking. But I manage somehow at the heat of the moment.
Why this was special
This interview was different because of a special reason. Usually I am good at conveying things.
But this time, my thoughts flew like a wandering kite which lost ties with its thread. I heard her well. But I couldn't make my progaramme a soothening experience for the interviewee and the listeners.
Afterwards
Some conversations are addictive and productive. They deliver magical results.
This was one such experience. I heard what I always wished to say. It turned out to be a surreal experience.
My bitterly layered interview experience had a big role in making me aware of the pitfalls of fanboy moments for a journalist. We are all capable of doing good things. Everyone is an expert of something, isn't it true?
This realisation made me feel lighter. I started to engage better with people.
In the meantime...
I and the interview-person became closer. We undergo some hearty conversations. We enjoy our chitchats and
we know that if a need arises we are there for support. It all started when our interview-style chat switched to a heartfelt conversation. She is my interviewer-turned good friend and vice-versa (isn't it? :)).
Comments
Post a Comment