Reality is a time bomb
An alternate ending is a puzzling idea for an individual. They are the imagined inputs we embed into a happened or happening event, in order to sound it presentable, digestible, and healable to our thought and emotions.
Some alternate endings are like sound waves that keep repeating into our ears countless times, giving varying hues in each moment. These imaginary views are basically the second version of an already-happened event. Interestingly, they most times do not represent actuality because imagination is entirely one's own while the reality is not controllable, but something that just happens as its byproduct. That is the reason why such endings are unreal and their nuances are unrelaxable for many people, which may include us.
I am an alternate thinker. I think countless times about some past events and give alternate conclusions and start imagining them. Sometimes it helped me to equip and evolve myself to new changes while sometimes it brought in an unreal load in my imagination.
I lost the number of times I imagined alternative endings to a happened event. I revisit those events and reframe them on my mind too often to recharge from my own guilt or shame or missed chances. It is a therapeutic mechanism that I seldom used to keep my mind functioning manner, devoid of emotional setbacks. But it is ironic to note that it can hamper my mind too because this process involves an organic layer of overthinking.
I do not know whether people practice this sort of imaginary take in their lives. Some friends do and when I discussed the possibilities of 'alternate endings', they told me that these ideas are nice to hear but need not be taken seriously.
My problem with real-life situations is that sometimes I don't finish a scenario properly. It could be a basic one to that or a serious one. As it is not properly concluded, it stays in mind and resonates.
Sometimes I do not deliver things on the rebound. I am too slow or too rapid in processing emotions and as a result, there is no proper flow in deliverance. I believe I have a cluttered and complicated, yet layered way of understanding things. I sound unconvincing or non-confident or overly confident to many people as I present my understanding in nonappealing or hyper-appealing ways as sometimes I lose the pace of my articulation and sometimes I gain super clarity midway. However, what I like to say to my mind is to stay calm and bring in a little more sensibility, sensitivity, and stability to behavior.
It is true that different people have different mechanisms to process emotions. I have an issue with clinging to the past and most of my conversations are based on past or future tense and do not normally touch the present. Sometimes, some of the minutest of senses invoke deeper, at times, larger-than-life sensations in my clumsy mind. This makes me a slave of my own thoughts and illusions.
Sometimes I present a negative impact on the outside and stability on the inside and as a result, I appear illusive and unreal at the same time. But, I try to be original and true to myself and attempt to put effort to process things organically. Perhaps I must always recall one thing self-expression is not overrated, but it is a door to one's mind and how it functions!
Parallel minds and fake realities
Suppose a real event occurs and we frame an alternate reality using our own imagination and perspectives on it. This could be a positive or negative one, created by ourselves. We choose to live inside a created reality under the impression it is real and had actually happened to us in life.
But the question arises as to what is the existing reality, which is different and more complicated than the created reality which is nothing but a fake illusion.
One thing is almost true - Existing reality is the only aspect that counts in the real world as it is not personal, but a public memory and a shared one. A shared one is not just about a person, but others have a narrative role because many individuals are a part of that 'created' memory. They all have a participant function in that memory and understandably, they too have a decisive role in how that memory is portrayed on the outside as plain or passable incidents.
On the other hand, personal memory is more about how individual senses and grasps an event or a thing or a memory, using one's imagination. Such 'curated thoughts' at times provide comfort to the thinker in us for one reason, it is framed as per the wishes and aspirations of the created person, aka the 'curative thinker'.
When alternate reality is unreal
It is not practical and purposeful to live our lives in self-created worlds, even if it can bring temporary relief to the mind. The reason is that what we imagined is not actually fake thoughts with meanings mapped upon the tastes and thoughts of that one person. We cannot use alternative endings as a mechanism to endure the pain and perils of a broken past because new realities are supposed to set the feet straight, to help us live a social life, filled with challenges, setbacks, and adventures.
Alternatives are many, but the reality is only one and there is no point in imagining things and going far-fetched, as it can take away one's eyesight from reality and truth.
Learning to live with the realities, and admitting one's flaws and other's limitations is the more sensible and logical step toward peace. In the end, what truly appears and appeals in life is the plain reality and fiction has only a passive and passable role to play in it, not a narrative role- because alternative endings are boring and unreal!
Comments
Post a Comment