Rocking Rose
A gentle warning! This might end up as an abrupt piece. But let me try!
Memories are incomplete without people. I love some of my people who have given me some special moments which I enjoyed in the past. I like when a good relationship develops subtly without noise. I feel secure when I am a part of such relationships. The speciality of such friendships is that we feel the same warmth despite not being in contact for quite long.
When I sat one day doing nothing on a quarantine evening, I happened to notice a rose flower which was blooming after a long interval. I looked at its tiny parts. I always loved flowers but never have I noticed it in close detail. Some people are beautiful like the rose flower. I know a couple of them and this is about my experiences with them.
The first friend is a tough woman with a fighting spirit. She is quite sensible and cheerful in nature. There is an inner strength which helps her in reacting sensibly to challenging scenarios. She gained that power after surpassing a lot of difficult situations.
I discovered her beauty in my university days when I did an interview of her. It was a good opportunity to know her and it also gave me the freedom (with responsibility) to ask her everything.
We met on a Diwali day in her campus where she expressed her well throughout the whole interview. The air was filled with the noise of crackers and we could not sit anywhere peacefully. The external noise was well-captured by the microphone which also ended up as a mood spoiler. After initial hiccups, we decided to go ahead with the interview because of lack of alternate day to reschedule it.
I forgot about the surrounding noise as I listened to her attentively. It is a surreal experience to hear people talk about amazing things with precision and detail.
My interview had great content but a good host could have done more justice to the personality of my interviewer. I tried to make amends in my second 'interview', a telephonic conversation which came out a lot better.
I was reading Isadora Duncan's 'My life' in those days. Isadora is a dancer with a meditative mind. Did I saw someone like Isadora in her? Absolutely yes.

I enjoy one on one conversations and likes to listen more when people talk about their experiences. I observe how they weave a story and where they place themselves in the narrative. She is a sensible storyteller who forms opinions in the course of a story and sticks to its root value. She has got an eye for detail which helps in understanding. She is a skilled writer who adds passion and life in her words. I like her words because they are beautiful.
The second friend is young to me and we are more informal with each other. A jack of many trades, she likes learning new things. She enjoys the beauty of stimulating conversations and has the ability to share complex ideas in simple sentences. We talk periodically about different things that excite us.
She is good at reading the minds of people, especially me. She likes the prospect of having good conversations with genuine people. The lovely factor while spending time with her is that she has got a sound opinion about many things with clear knowledge.
But the tragedy of having such a mindset is that we belong to a ruthless world where we cannot stay tender as people take advantage of our weaknesses. That is when the idea of a flower like a rose can be of value. The flower is protected from damage by its small and sharp thorns so that people and animals may approach only with caution.
The difficulty of being 'good' is that you are likely to be taken for granted by cunning people. They can degrade the part called true beauty in the race to accomplish targets.
Some of us are guilty of taking undue possessions and keeping complete control. The problem is that beautiful creations are delicate and it hurts when they are mistreated. If we have the mind to enjoy its beauty, don't we have a responsibility to keep them well?
I don't know if a rose appears more beautiful when they are part of a plant or when they are out of it because 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder'. But I like it when they are part of the plant because that is when they are free.

Comments
Post a Comment