Make mistakes, create memories
I take no shame in admitting that I commit a lot of mistakes and chances are high that I keep committing them again and again about which I can offer an honest apology with a wry smile. I like to stop them but do not know if I can, because I am a flawed being, a slow processor, like many people.
Most times, I fall under the utopian trap of a 'fitting farewell' to life events and daily actions for which I have a deep concern for myself - I have a life to live, memories to cherish, and responsibilities to intake. So, I cannot always live on my past, thinking of alternative endings for a perfect conclusion.
My mistakes are the mindful possessions that teach me to stay rooted and grounded. Even though it tortures and terrifies me, it communicates to stay alert. It reminds me to be tactful and learn the basic norms for a trouble-free life. Is there a trouble-free life in a practical world? No, because every trouble is a teacher, a genuine friend, and a stern reminder to not slip up the next time.
Our mistakes
We are imperfect humans living an ambiguous life. We live in a grey world. Nothing is purely black and white. This reasoning makes many people accept flaws and mistakes and forgive others. Some mistakes turn into social norms and become the collective conscience of a fallen society. Hence, conscience and compassion are key values.
Maybe acknowledging a mistake is plainly enough. Regretting it for too long is an avoidable habit. Why do we need to feel low remembering the past?
Yesterday, I was listening to a podcast featuring a man narrating the importance of detachment in life. He asked listeners to come out of the surrounding noise. He thought it may help process things organically and originally, not emotionally. It instilled a viewpoint - 'How about treating some of our mistakes as plain, passable incidents? They have no retakes. The second chances are just surreal. But they can painfully guide us to move on with hope. Detachment has an intrinsic value. It can serve as a handy way to come out of mistakes and misdoings.
Attitudinal change
Too much thinking about one's mistakes can put us in a mentally and emotionally inferior position. This can affect daily lives in a negative and low manner, which is why it is avoidable. Many of the therapeutic mechanisms we practice - going to gyms, doing yoga, or practicing diversion activities are commendable steps that help in achieving the goal of getting rid of our mistakes. But the one that actually delivers the desired result is an attitudinal change.
An attitudinal correction need not be a dashing or dominant one but can serve the purpose if it helps in reflecting our actual personality because it can take us back from unreal and stormy situations.
It requires a free mind to stay happy, and absent of tension, stress, and regret. If we are calm and composed, which is not as challenging as it sounds initially, it can create a breathable and relatable mind space. We will process everything with a detached and cheerful tone sitting there. Perhaps calmness is the path to peace, happiness is its by-product, and normalness is the result.
Enjoy life
Life automatically presents big and small chances for people to enjoy to the fullest. There are so many little and pristine things surrounding us. A blow of the wind can embrace our sorrows. The sound of the sea can be music for some years. The stars of the sky could be revelatory magic to a thrilling mind.
Walking carefree on a beach or climbing a tree or a mountain or strolling through a park with a good buddy (buddies) are some of my favorite memories. Many people say we need not always visit the Himalayas or climb Everest to make ourselves happy. Indeed, they can give happiness, and some joyful things aren't that far away but are within one's reach.
Four tiny ideas to think
1. Happiness is within one's reach. We will not be happy unless we touch the hidden gems lying within us.
2. No matter what people say, no matter how they react, and no matter what one thinks about oneself- the truth is only one, but it has many dimensions.
3. Everyone is sublime after realising their superpower.
4. Mistakes may not matter, get up, learn, move on and live.
Comments
Post a Comment